Big Motoring World – Keeping your BMW in Top Shape
You’re not the only one who needs a shape up for the summer—your BMW also craves for some attention. You may not be able to avoid ownership costs, but you can maintain the value of your car and make it last longer. In order to keep your car in shape, it’s imperative that you adhere to scheduled maintenance.
The heat in the summer can ruin your vehicle, so below are some easy steps you can take to make sure your beloved Beamer is protected.
- Check your oil and filter: Car care specialists recommend that you have your oil changed every 3 to 7.5 thousand miles. If you would rather do it yourself, Big Motoring World has a handy step-by-step tutorial.
- Keep an eye on tire pressure: Fortunately, most newer-model BMWs come equipped with sensors that inform you when the pressure is running low. However, it’s always a good idea to pull out the old pressure gauge and take a look yourself. It’s not only economical, but it’s also safe.
- Check the air conditioner: In the sweltering summer heat, your BMWs air conditioner is your car’s best feature. Get the system checked to make sure that it has enough refrigerant.
- Check hoses and belts: Rubber and plastic can crack as a result of heat, so keep an eye out for any signs of wear and, if needed, get replacements. This can prevent disastrous damage if something springs a leak.
- Check the battery: Batteries are highly subject to damage resulting from heat. Have it looked at to make sure that the terminals are clean.
Sure, you can perform all these checkups yourself or you can schedule an appointment with the Big Motoring World service department. They will happily inspect your BMW and perform all necessary services to keep your car running in top condition.
You have a choice: Either spend copious quid buying a new car every other few years or keep your current car looking dapper and running great. If the latter route appeals to you, some tips that will help keep your machine rolling include the following.
- Keep it cool: Servicing your BMW’s cooling system and maintaining the proper coolant level helps keep your engine well lubricated. It can save you thousands of Euros in repairs as it prevents your engine from melting down.
- Breathe easy: In addition to changing your oil and oil filter, other fluids and filters also require regular maintenance. For instance, changing your air filter helps your ride breathe easily and the engine last long.
- Regular checkups: Identify a trustworthy repair shop and mechanic and let that shop service your car every time. Just like a doctor knows his patients, a good mechanic will get to know and service your car in the same way.
In addition to making your BMW last longer, keeping it well maintained will also make it a pleasant drive—which will make you want to take better care of it. When it comes to a car’s value, it’s all about its condition.